Ride to Conquer Cancer

Ride to Conquer Cancer

Cancer affects everybody.  In March this year I was shocked to discover that I had prostate cancer. I was fit, healthy, not overweight, and ate well, but that didn’t guarantee immunity. With the help of family, friends and good doctors, I came through surgery and was recently given the all clear. This explains my absence from Sunday rides from April to July. I’m happy to say that I am now back on the bike, and building up the k’s. On 20 and 21 October I’m doing the Ride to Conquer Cancer, to raise funds for Cancer Research here in WA. It’s 200km of riding in 2 days – from Perth, heading South, camping overnight, and cycling back (Just a warm-up for some, I know). I’m aiming to raise over $3000 through donations from friends, family and colleagues. It’s a cause very close to my heart right now.

Click here to read more, and to donate online. It’s quick, safe and easy.

Regards

Mark de Castro

4 thoughts on “Ride to Conquer Cancer”

1. Hey Mark! Wondered where you’d got to! So very very relieved to hear you’re on the mend & back on the bike. If you hadn’t waited for me on that junction t’other Sunday in the hills when I was in another solitary reverse break away, I’d have gone the wrong way (again!) so a million fanks for that – really appreciated your help as ever ;0)

2. Hi there Mark,

I too am doing the Sunsuper Ride to Conquer Cancer in October, and am so looking forward to this experience.

Unfortunately I have found fundraising to hit my target a little difficult as well, but am still trying to raise as much as I can.

Here is the link to my personal page for this ride.

http://pr12.conquercancer.org.au/site/TR/Events/Perth2012?px=1060720&pg=personal&fr_id=1080

Good luck with the fundraising, and shall see you hopefully before the big day.

Cheers

Comments are closed.