our big bike race for the year is coming up on saturday the 5th nov and we desperately need volunteers to make this event successful. josh has done lots of work behind the scenes to set this up and we have sponsorship money from the city of armadale so we can afford proper traffic management. the day, however, comes down to us as a club to run the event. we need a number of volunteers for various parts of the day from basic setup work through to driving the lead car during the event.
so we need the following bodies –
- 7 setup labourers
- 3 registration desk attendants
- 3 line judges
- 2 lap counters
- a chaperone rider for the U13 race
- mechanic in the spares vehicle (just wheel changes)
we also need the following things –
- 3 lead vehicles – if anyone has a business out there that has a sponsored car and would like to drive it around the course on a saturday morning, let me know.
- 1 spares ute – follow the “a” grade race with spare wheels in the back
now this gets us to the basic minimum to run the race. what i am looking at is a few more things that make it a bit better than a standard race.
- bbq cook and refreshments attendant
- anyone with a business that wants to donate some prizes and we can promote your company
- podium girls (yes i am serious)
if you think you can help out on the day please out your name in the comments below and let us know what you can do/provide and for how long. as a club, we have an opportunity to make a big impression in how we run these events, so i am looking at others in the club to help out as much as possible. if you have never raced before, then this is a good opportunity to see how it all works before dipping your toe in the water.