The best race of the year (well it’s my favourite anyway!) is on in less than two weeks!!
The Collie to Donnybrook Return Cycle Classic 2013 is on Saturday August 17th…registrations close next Tuesday night at midnight so if you’ve been thinking about it pull your finger out and take the plunge!
What’s so good about this race?
- it starts and finishes outside a pub
- it’s a handicap event which means everyone is riding the same race (and it’s certainly not always an ‘A-grader’ that wins it!)
- it’s a Saturday afternoon start…and it only takes 2 hours to get there so you can have a sleep in!
- did I mention it starts and finishes outside a pub?
- there is $7,000 in prizes on offer
- it’s a lovely rolling course
- it starts and finishes outside a pub!
We always have a good turn-out at this race but it would be great to see even more along this year.
Check it all out on the flyer – 2013 Collie to Donnybrook Flyer
Just note that you need a racing licence to do the main event, they’ll only accept day licences and 3 ride passes for the support race, so now might be a good time to take advantage of CWA’s current 6 month racing licence offer and upgrade!
In further support of this event we’re going to have a second instalment of ‘Luke’s Lung-busting Handicap Training’ on Sunday afternoon. Those who attended the first session will know what a good workout it was and the fun we had with the handicap format! This time we’re going to run it along the Shelley foreshore.
- Sunday 11/08/2013
- 4pm – 5.30ish, arrive warmed-up
- Meet here – http://goo.gl/maps/OxXn6 (Park Beach Close, at the Eastern end of Shelley)
Leave a comment below to let us know if you’ll be racing the Collie-Donnybrook, or if you’ll be coming to training on Sunday, or better still BOTH! 🙂