there will be 4 women’s only grades; open, b, c & d and 1 open men’s support race as well as a women’s “come and try” event. we are aiming for this race to be self sufficient in 2018 with no men’s event at all.
to achieve this, we need to make sure that each of the grades are well represented. this is a perfect opportunity for any women in club to have a go at racing. the circuit is only 1km long and the traffic is managed. there will be lots of club support down there and people to give you advice if you have never raced before. day licences are available if you do not have a race licence.
many of the lower grade races are just like a saturday group ride, so i know that you can do it. we have lots of women in the club that consistently ride all week so we need to support this event.
- When: Sunday the 19th of February 2017
- Entries Close: Thursday the 16th of February 2017
- Where: Technology Park, Brodie Hall Drive Bentley
- Entry Cost: $25 plus $5 transponder fee
Schedule of Events:
- Support Men: 7.30pm 40 minutes + 2 laps
- Women’s Come & Try: 8.20am 15 minutes
- D Grade Women: 8.40am 25 minutes + 2 laps
- C Grade Women: 9.10am 30 minutes + 2 laps
- B Grade Women: 9.45am 35 minutes + 2 laps
- A Grade Women “Renae’s Race”: 10.30am 40 minutes + 2 laps