The ride leader sponsor for March is Nutrition IQ. The main force behind Nutrition IQ is a deep desire to help individuals achieve their long-term diet and nutrition goals. Whether you’re seeking help with weight loss, sports nutrition, or disease prevention, each client is individually evaluated by a professional Dietitian and provided with a well-researched and comprehensive plan they can follow for the rest of their lives.
For cyclists, an important service that Nutrition IQ provides is metabolic flexibility for endurance athletes
- Hold more body fat than you feel is optimal despite doing lots of training?
- Lose muscle mass if you try to lose weight or restrict energy intake?
- Feel hungry all the time and feel that you need to eat every few hours?
- Have gut issues especially during long distance training or racing?
- Feel that you would like to decrease the amount of gels, bars and other high carbohydrate fuel sources that you require during training and racing?
- Want to feel more energised generally and have less energy spikes and dips throughout the day?
If you have answered yes to one or more of the above questions metabolic testing will be useful to find out how your body generates energy. Are you predominantly burning glucose for fuel or are you efficiently fat burning? There are many dietary changes that you can make to improve your metabolic efficiency. Metabolic testing is the first step in the process of making sustainable change that can result in performance improvement.
Metabolic testing involves a quick 10 minute breath test and is performed by our qualified dietitians at Nutrition IQ on Preston Street in Como. Fore more information or book online please go to www.nutritioniq.com.au, or call (08) 9467 2228.