Tour of Margaret River official event website: http://tourofmargaretriver.com/
Here is the SPR Squad from which the Team Manager and Race Committee will be selecting out graded teams:
|Andrew Lilley||Amanda Nabi|
|Ashley Brown||Cathi Dixon|
|Craig Denham||Clare Wilmot|
|Craig Duarte||Corrie Fillmore|
|Daniel Harvey||Davina Summers|
|David Menarry||Debbie Bertolatti|
|Elar Kalda||Elizabeth Sheehan|
|Greg Murray||Faye Daglish-Jones|
|Heiko Potzeldt||Jen Matthies|
|John Carnicelli||Jessica Gammon|
|Liam Donley||Kate Bonner|
|Marcus Williams||Katheryn Dines|
|Mark Tancell||Louise McKay|
|Peter Lander||Meegan Fyfield|
|Peter Mah||Michelle McLintock|
|Peter Wilshaw||Rebecca Kelly|
|Ray Martin||Sam Flockhart|
|Ross Boaden||Special Secret Pro|
|Shane White||Vanessa Johnson|
Here’s your reminder. It’s time to pony up. We are requiring a $100 deposit from all nominees to get the ball rolling on the ToMR costs.
Whilst we are in the process of finalising the costs per rider, we are looking at around about $660 per person.
There is a new item in the SPR Shop here named ToMR 2017 Initial Deposit.
A reminder of the conditions – deposits will be refundable ONLY under the following conditions:
- you are not selected in the SPR teams – we are gathering an SPR Squad from which teams will finally be selected; or
- you withdraw from the SPR Squad prior to team selection, at this time due to be done August 31st.
If after August 31st you withdraw, the refund will ONLY be made if a replacement racer is successfully installed in your place. If there are no reserves available from the squad at that time, it is your responsibility to locate a replacement.
Remember – SPR is spending the Club’s money in order to pay deposits on the accommodation and pay full Race Registration costs. All payments due from the racers are recovery of that spend.
The deposit is due by midnight, Thursday 6th July. Any issues in getting payments through please email in reply and advise.
The Tour of Margaret River is an annual, raced over four stages and three days, 9th to 12th November 2017, in the iconic South West region of WA. SPR has been represented at ToMR since…… forever. ToMR is in a Pro Race-like environment with a bigger-than-ever-before “Pro-Register”, where current top level and retired legendary pro riders are amongst the teams. Speak with the
SPRouleurs who have raced it previously, or read here, here, here, here, here or here and you’ll hear how this is one of the best run events going around. So much fun, and if I haven’t mentioned it before, last year we rode with Marianne Vos. The one and only. True story.
This year the ToMR Village is based in a new location – the town of Nannup for the duration of the three days of racing. Teams of six riders, racing four stages, different formats and different courses to previous years:
- Stage 1 42km Team Time Trial sees a start and finish in Nannup. The teams are seeded for subsequent stages, recorded at the 5th team rider crossing the line – tactics count, as you cannot drop (or sacrifice) your team mates.
- Stage 2 50km Road Race doesn’t let up, following the start of last year’s stage 3 from Nannup to Greenbushes. It’s a hilly course with 2 significant climbs (and needing a ride or a car shuttle back).
- Stage 3 71km of hills is a tough start to the day, out of Nannup via Kirup to Balingup.
- Stage 4, backing up on Day3 is a 42km Team Time Trial from Balingup to Nannup alongside the Blackwood River.
As with previous years, SPR is staying in self-contained team houses of a generous size and based in Dunsborough where we can locate all the teams near each other – this is an SPR Club outing, after all. This year we are running a package-only arrangement inclusive of accommodation and race registration, expected to be around $650.
Your expressions of interest will be formed into an “SPR Squad”, with graded teams to be nominated dependant on form and speed down the line – graded by the *APRC and the SPR ToMR Team Manager. Standby.
*All Powerful Race Committee