SPR’s annual trip organisation for Tour of Margaret River is underway for 2019.
In recent years SPR has fielded teams comprising women’s, men’s and mixed teams and we are expecting the same this year. The event is organised as an SPR Club trip, so we stay in team houses based in Busselton and package 4 nights’ accommodation, event registration and subsidy for SPR Volunteers as a set price for participating SPR racers.
The event website has a load of general info HERE which will give you an idea. There are updates coming regularly and we will look to keep the SPRouleurs updated through the Blog posts here, and the FaceBook pages as well.
For some SPR history lessons, here is a list of links to previous ToMR Race reports on the SPR Blog for your reading pleasure:
- 2013 here and here.
- 2014 here and here.
- 2016 all in one here.
- The 2017 Dutchie Odyssey here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.
- 2018 here, here, here, here and here.
This year the event is scheduled as a 3 day, 4 stage race event based on teams of 6 racers. Stage 1 is a Team Time Trial that ranks the teams into grades for the remaining stages. Hosted in the stunning South West area of Nannup over 7th-10th November 2019, it is a true Pro-Am event, with Current and Past World Tour Pro’s amongst the peloton. In 2017 SPR scored the current World ITT Champion and all ’round Legend, Dutchie Extraordinaire Annemiek van Vlueten as a Team member. It was 4 days of awesome we’ll not forget – thanks AvV!
So before you move, please understand there are a few “non-negotiables” when nominating:
- You must be a current member of SPR.
- You must have or be prepared to have an SPR Race License (your Recreational License can be upgraded to Race).
- You should be expecting to train and race through the year with the SPR Team(s) to prepare.
- You must volunteer for at least one event for SPR through the year.
Dates: Friday 7th – Sunday 10th November 2019
Cost: $630 – (Event registration + accommodation)
Details: Accommodation: Broadwater, Busselton